WHY FACE OF NIGER DELTA CULTURAL PAGEANT SEASON 2 AMIDST THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
We believe a time like this needs kind and hospitable people, most especially those who can melt our heavy hearts with their love, kindness, and intentional care that will bring the Niger Delta Region and the country at large, back to its peaceful state.
It is a time that we need to encourage one another to be strong and not relent, despite the heavy burden COVID-19 has placed on our frail shoulders. The people need to be reminded of who we truly are, and someone who would lead the campaign to strengthen the people and bring back our lost strength and enthusiasm.
The Face of Niger Delta Cultural Pageant is staged, too; in the midst of our trying times, produce an ambassador, that will be available at all times to encourage us, carry out campaigns for safety living within the Niger Delta Region, provide support for the less-privileged where needed, stand as a mediator between the Niger Delta leaders and the common man and help spread the Kindness virus to the people in all sphere, within the region.
The audition will be done strictly through video upload and screening online. Contestants will have to make a 60 seconds video telling us about themselves and upload it on the FONDCUP website for evaluation by the FONDCUP 2021 panel of judges.
Face of Niger Delta Cultural Pageant (FONDCUP) Season two (2) will commence with online registration form 1st of February, 2021 – 21st of March, 2021.
PHASE 1 AUDITION: (22nd of March – 2nd of April, 2021): Submission of an introductory video of each contestant, introducing herself in a 60secs video
PHASE 2 AUDITION: (5th April – 18th April 2021): submission of 2 – 3mins video, showcasing her unique talent.
FINAL SHOW AND CAMPING PROCEDURES
- The final 9 contestants will be tested and isolated for 22 days, under the supervision of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) officials; and only the contestants certified with the bill of clean health shall be admitted for the competition.
- Contestants will not be allowed to perform their tasks outside the camping area, without proper procedures or vivid monitoring. Psychologists and Medical personnel shall be on standby to support the contestants and crew.
- A dedicated crewmember assigned to each workspace/department will be responsible for ensuring COVID-19 compliance with the production. Daily temperature checks for all production staff and guests to the Camp House.
- There will be hand washing facilities and alcohol-based sanitizers at all entry points for use by the production crew and guests. Ensure that the physical distancing guideline of 2 meters is maintained by the production crew working in the Camp House.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection of the camp House and production facilities especially commonly used surfaces/objects. All staff entering the camp house with supplies must wear masks, gloves, and shoe covers.